Monday 12 September 2016

THE GREEN INFERNO (2015)

The Green Inferno - http://www.gorenography.comI didn't know what to make of this at first as I'd heard it was going to be a remake of the legendary "Cannibal Holocaust" from 1980. The film started off with a completely different premise so after the first half an hour I'd written this off to misinformation and had mentally adjusted myself to the fact that it was infact a different movie... besides what would they have to gain by recreating one of the filthiest, goriest, most disturbing movies ever?

The story starts on campus where a bunch of freshman students get railroaded by campus shitbag,  Alejrando into going to South America to save some forests. `After some substantial complications the mission eventually succeeds and the group head out of the forest only to have the plane come crashing down not that far away in cannibal country........

A lucky few of the groups die early in the plane crash leaving the rest of the group to be systematically persued, captured and consumed by the locals

With modern video capture techniques the gore and violence is so confronting I'm actually glad this wasn't a remake of "Cannibal Holocaust" .... definition aside, the violence is not in the same league as "Cannibal Holocaust" but the impact it has puts it right up there. It would still consider this extreme gore but had it descended into the same levels of filth as "Cannibal..." I think I would have lost my lunch... especially as I wasn't feeling the best when I put the movie on

As a standalone movie it holds up very well, plot makes sense and the acting is convincing there's nothing really too wrong with this, infact its pretty good! One thing I liked was the way director Eli Roth made the natives seem rather friendly and down to earth it was really hard to hate them (even as they salted the freshly dismembered corpses of the students) they came across as very human which again like "Cannibal..." raised some interesting moral issues in my head

Definatley worth a viewing!




for more great movie reviews check out http://www.gorenography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment